Rockdale County and the City of Conyers provide a number of recreational facilities for families that live and work here. Facilities like these help contribute to the overall quality of life in Rockdale County.
Georgia International Horse Park
- Over 1400 acres
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Multi-intensity level trails for bike and horse ridin.
Rockdale Tennis Center
- Competition class tennis complex
- 14 ALTA approved lighted tennis courts
- Club house
Black Shoals Park & Randy Poynter Lake
- 650 acre lake
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Boat storage
- Picnic pavilion
All boats must be off the water 30 minutes before dark. Gasoline motors are not allowed on the lake. Electric, sail, row or man-powered boats are the only vessels allowed.
Costley Mill Park
A gorgeous waterfall pond and multiple beautiful settings
Costley Mill is perfect for any occasion
- company events
- church functions
- family reunions
- private photo shoots
Panola Mountain State Park
- Two self-guided nature trails
- 3.5 mile guided hike to the conservation area
- Interpretative center with live exhibits, including bees, bats, snakes and turtles.
- Picnic facilities and four shelters
- A large playground
Georgia Veterans Memorial Park
Located on the banks of the Randy Poynter Lake the park offers
- a self-guided tour of statues
- five educational enclaves memorializing the major conflicts of our country in the 20th century
- 53 acres
- Four softball fields
- Concession stand
- Restroom facilities and storage
- Gym/recreational complex,
- Meeting rooms for programs
- Indoor pool
- Picnic areas
- Jogging/walking trail
South Rockdale Community Park
- 176 acres
- Restroom facilities
- Picnic tables and grill.
- Pavilion (by reservation only), call Johnson park for reservations
JP Carr Gym
- 9 acres
- A multi-purpose field
- Two outdoor basketball courts
- Summer play days program
- Winter youth basketball
- Adult winter groups
- Rockdale County Alternative School and various other groups.
- Open only during programs.
Pine Log Park
- 13.77 acres
- Six lighted tennis courts
- One mile nature trail
- Fitness trail
- Covered picnic pavilion with restrooms
- One outdoor basketball court
- Two playgrounds
- Picnic tables and grills
Earl O’Neal Sports Complex
- 140 acres
- Eight softball fields & concession stand
- Scorekeeper building
- Two football fields & concession stand
- RYFA boardroom and restroom facilities
- Eight soccer practice fields
Rockdale Youth Soccer Association
- Seven outdoor and one indoor soccer field
- Youth and adult leagues
Amenities: 4 acres. Two lighted tennis courts, multi-practice field used for baseball, softball and soccer
First Shady Grove Park
Amenities: 1 acre. Outdoor basketball courts, playground area, picnic tables and grills.
Lakeview Estates Park
Amenities: 2 acres. Outdoor basketball court and playground equipment.
Grimes Street Park
Amenities: playground, grill and picnic table, and a basketball court.
Olde Town Conyers offers a variety of shops and historical sites and is one of Conyers’ greatest assets. The shops, businesses, and restaurants in Olde Town keep the area full of life while preserving its vivid history.
The Pavilion, an outdoor covered facility, plays host to the Downtown Summer Series as well as private functions. Situated in the heart of the Olde Town Conyers business district, the Pavilion is the perfect location for receptions, reunions, weddings, business outings and cultural events. In the winter months, the Olde Town Pavilion is transformed into a winter wonderland when it is converted into an ice skating rink! Adjacent to the Pavilion is the Lewis Vaughn Botanical Garden. Within its inviting gates, the garden boasts beautiful landscaping, which includes many rare flowers as well as a pond fed by the City’s original water tower built in 1900. This garden is the perfect place to escape the busy hustle and bustle of the city, to read a book, or just to sit back and enjoy the beauty of nature.
The Conyers Depot is one of the favorite tourist attractions in Olde Town. The Depot, a working station until 1972, when passenger rail service between Atlanta and Augusta was stopped, now serves as the Conyers Welcome Center. This Conyers landmark is surely the heart of Conyers. Alongside the Depot is “The Dinky,” a 1905 Rogers Steam Locomotive that ran service between Conyers and the neighboring mill town of Milstead until 1961. The engine was used to haul cotton from the main line to the textile mills. It is one of only three of its kind in the world.