Haralson Mill Road, formerly an unimproved dirt road on the north side of Rockdale County, is now home to a covered wooden bridge. The bridge is immediately north of the Haralson Mill historic district, which is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The setting is comprised of the Haralson Mill House, a general store, the old mill site and blacksmith shop. The Georgia International Horse Park is located approximately six miles to the southeast of the bridge.
The covered wooden bridge is adjacent to Randy Poynter Lake at Black Shoals Park and Jack Turner Dam. The covered wooden bridge emulates the covered bridge design of the 1820’s era Town Lattice Truss design patented by Connecticut architect Ithiel Town. The bridge consists of three, 50-foot spans with solid concrete piers and spill-through abutments which have been encased with a granite veneer. The bridge superstructure was designed to utilize Georgia wood products and labor while still promoting new timber technology. The last covered wooden bridge built on a public road in the state was constructed in the late 1890s.